Friday, February 20, 2009

she is a stinker!

What can I say about this little girl we have? The more time we spent with her, the more we love her. She is fun, a real character, loves outdoor and walkies and she has everlasting energy! And yes, she is a stinker too! She is with me for 6 days now and she has 3 full baths!
We went out walking this morning, to a different part of Mitcham Common, a part that she hasn't explore before. She is no different to the boys, she will do the same amount of sniffing as the boys or maybe more. The only different is ... she does not cock her legs like the boys and I find it difficult to encourage her to go toilet!
When I walk the dogs, I like to walk and then stop for a little while to play ball with them. As we were playing this morning on the walk, this little MADam wander off to sniff around, I know she isn't far but when I turned around, I saw her rolling on the grass, my first instinct was "shit! Not on the fox poo!". I called her but she turned deaf ears on me and roll even more! I tried to call her again, eventhough I can see her looking at me but she didn't want to come back and I don't want to go and get her, so I decided I will walk off with the boys and call her, she finally ran and join us but gosh! She stinked! I do not want anymore rolling on the fox poo, so I pop her on the lead and she wasn't happy at all.
We continue walking, as the weather was nice so I took the boys to the hilly bit of the Common so Sing can have another swim. The water level in the pond is overfill at the moment. We were there yesterday and Sizzle had a go swimming in the open water and he seems to enjoy it. I tried to encourage him to swim again today and he did. As Samber was so smelly and dirty, I decided I will push her into the pond to wash off the fox poo. She is a funny girl, when I gently push her in, she swam away from me, she ended up in the island in the middle of the pond! I have to say, she swims really well and fast! Now, how can I get her back to me? I called and called but she just wouldn't come. I sent Sing in, hopefully she will follow him back to me but Sing only has his eyes on the tennis ball! The water is too deep for me to go in. I thought I will go around to the other side of the pond, closer to her, maybe she will come back. As me and the boys were walking off, I heard her jumping into the water and swam a long way back to chase after me. How sweet is that? I think this is a very good experience for her because she now joined the boys swimming! YEAH! all Lian's shelties can swim!
She really loves outdoor, she likes to go out walkies and paly in the garden all day. I thought Sizzle is full of energy but Samber never stops! The minute you let her out in the garden, she will play and play and play. With all the rain we have, the garden is very muddy so she is always covers in mud!

Samber is a great jumper, she can easily jump up to anything. It is not surprised to find her on the dinning table but one good thing, she is not a greedy dog, she will not steal any food. She may want to sniff them but she nevers pinch them. She is very much like Sing. Can you believe how lucky I am to have TWO non greedy shelties? Maybe Paula breed non greedy shelties!! Colin quite like her prick ears and said she looks like a fox but not me, so I have a go to FIX her ears!

Isn't she looks prettier with her proper ears?
I managed to use my mobile to captured Sizzle and Samber swimming in the open air:



5 comments:

Sara said...

Misty loves to roll in stinky stuff too. YUK! You would think girl dogs would be a bit more ladylike.

Sizzle looks like a little otter when he is swimming! He's so cute.

Vonnie said...

One little tomboy then Lian! At least she follows when she decides to fall deaf ears on you! Great to see them all in for a swim! Can't believe she's has 3 baths already! Lucky she went in the water to get rid of the stink! She sounds like so much fun, even though mischevious! Gorgeous!!!

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Sounds like she is a great adventurer!!
Swimming! Oh no, you wont catch me doing that. BOL!
~lickies, Ludo

Anonymous said...

Jessie loves to roll in poop and all kinds of dirt...she's one of the smelliest little girls on the block!!!

OBay Shelties said...

She looks cute Lian. She has such a similar look to Sing; so I can see why you liked her!