Monday, February 23, 2009

Sizzle, Saturn and Samber


SIZZLE


I had a few "complain" from friends saying that I haven't posted any of Sizzle's training videos for a while. Well, the weather have been wet after the snow, so we kinda stuck indoor doing some refresh on our tricks and the balance work. As we have already started our puppy agility class at Pachesham, so I am not worry or in no rush to do more training at home. Tuesday agility + swimming and Saturday flyball are a lot for a little guy.
I didn't get any flyball training video last Saturday as we were doing the basic things, such as static retrieve, run back on 8 jumps to teach the dog to stride properly and recall. I am hoping we will get to do more box work next week. We can't practise this at home.
Yesterday was cloudy but dry, so I thought I will ask Colin to do some filming for us. A friend of mine was asking me how I train Sizzle on a few things, so I thought I would send her this little video:


His running contacts are so much better! The A Frame is still on the puppy height, I would not raise it until he is much older. Before yesterday, I still have the plank down for his Dog Walk training. I have ordered a pair of puppy trestle two weeks ago and it just arrived today but he had tried to do a full Dog Walk at Pachesham two weeks ago and he was no problem at all. I thought I will be braved to let him walk on a full DW at home to see if he is confidence and as you can see, NO PROBELM for this little man. This means, I have a brand new puppy trestle for sale! We still have a lot of things to work on, especially the rear across and turning away from me. I have not touch any weaving yet. I have watched Susan Garett's 2x2 weave a few times but I think I prefer the Channel/V Weave training. I would not do the weave training on my own as I know I will be terrible at it. I must email my guru to give us some lessons!
Here is another video taken today. I thought him the TYRE today, which he tried to go around it most of the time. I thought I will do a longer sequence with him involving two contacts then reward him at the end:

I love my little guy, he is so much fun and I enjoy training with him.
SATURN
Saturn's coat is finally growing! I have noticed that on the weekend and I can see the fur by his neck (his white collar) is filling up. I am so happy! He looks like a puppy now but a bit shaggy, you can see he has a very long outer coat and the new inner coat and his colour has becomes lighter. I like his dark shaded sable coat, he is such a handsome boy, hopefully by the end of the year he will have a full coat and his dark shaded is back.
this is my SOUL when he was 9 weeks old, cute eh?

this picture was taken last May, he had such a lovely silky coat and I like his dark shaded sable

SAMBER

Samber continues to "bully" the Tris. She just loved to play. She likes outdoor and she is so eager to go out. She would not let the boys stay quiet, she just want to non stop playing! I bought her a pink lead+collar set, hopefully to make her look more like a girl. Colin said he would not take her out because of her new pink lead, he said that is too girlie! I think I need to find her another not pink lead just incase Colin needs to take her out sometimes! Oh dear! What's wrong with man?

Samber's pink lead

8 comments:

Sara said...

Wow - sizzle is looking great and he's so fast!

That video gave me lots of ideas of things I can practice in my yard.

Love the photos of sweet boy Saturn.

Diana said...

Sizzle looks great! Saturns coat is beautiful. So silky. And Samber, well what can I say. She is all girl. Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

Sizzle is looking so good - he is super fast! He can rival Miley in the fast department! Mom wishes I would speed up - we're trying to work on it.

Saturn's a beautiful dog and hopefully his coat will come back in the darker color.

Samber's leash is perfect for her!

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

ooh he is so fast! How old is he now? We're off to our first agility class on sunday. Can't wait.

Samber and Saturn are lovely.
~Dee (ludo's mum)

Rosie Ison said...

Fantastic Lian,he is wonderful & so very keen and very fast..you must be over the moon with him.Watch out you smalls when Sizzle starts to compete.....WOW

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sizzle is so FAST!!!! Jessie told me to tell you that she likes Sambers pink lead. How cool!!!

Vonnie said...

Bow wow wow little Sizzle! What a fantastic clever wee dog your are! i was so impressed wathcing your video! Wish I had ground like that to train Ellie. Like you Ellie went flying up the full size dogwalk, with no hesitation (I did have her on lead just incase) You'll be winning loads of rosettes very soon!

Hudsondoglets said...

Sizzle is looking great Lian.