Monday, February 16, 2009

Please be my valentine

Sorry this is an outdated post!
I was very busy over the weekend, you will know why when you read this post.
We had a wonderful valentine day, doing something meaningful ...
finding a wife for Sing!

A lot of you know that I wanted a little Sing-let for a long long time ... I had think hard for three years and have consider carefully all the problems ... and we decided we will GO for it and make it happens.
I finally made up my mind this winter that I will go ahead with my plan and find Sing a wife and have a little family. I have two options, one is to find a girl to mate to Sing and the other is to buy a girl in to mate to Sing. I very much prefer my first option as I don't really want to keep a girl with my five entire boys, that would be a mad house when she comes into season. I have met three girls who are interested in Sing, unfortunately the first two's eyes not clear and the last one is a nervous little girlie.
Soon after Sing has his hip scored, Colin and I discussed and decided we will start looking around and buy a girl in and create some chao in the house. I have spoken to a couple of breeders and I have some very nice mature bitches out there ready to mate to Sing. Early this week, I got to speak to Paula (Sing's breeder), she has a 16 months old sable bitch to let go. I know Paula bred nice little shelties with superb temperament, so we agreed to go and see her on Saturday.
We went with open minded as I still have a few more bitches to meet. We met little Amber on that Valentine morning after two hours' drive. She is such a happy soul, very outgoing, lovely temperament, friendly with people and children and other dogs (I have proof that on the walks over the weekends), very springy and bouncy, full of energy (she nevers stop!). She may not be perfect on look or size but her temperament wins my heart so we took her home.
She is mixing very well with the boys, she is not snarling at them eventhough Saturn and Sizzle are both crazy chasing her, she is trying to play with all of them! Funny enough, when I took her away from Paula, I thought she will be upset but when I open the car, she jumped straight in!! I think she is meant for me!
She has met a lot of people and dogs this weekend, we went for a long walk in the Common on Saturday after we came home from Suffolk and we went to Dawn Weaver's training day on Sunday at Polly's field. She was happily running around with the Collies and she was happy enough for other people to cuddle her, touch her.



She was known as AMBER. Since she is joining the KNIGHTs shelties family, she needs to have a name start with S, so she is now call SAMBER!


BTW, she is sleeping on our bed with the other boys, so she is no different to the others. We love her very much. I am enjoying her, she is always happy and running around non stop!


Sizzle and Samber are best playmate, they tear around the house A LOT! And they wear each other's energy out too!! Hahaha ...

11 comments:

Sara said...

How sweet that this all happened on Valentine's Day!

I think Samber is very pretty - Sing is a lucky boy.

Rhoda said...

Aww she is a beautiful wife for Sing!

Diana said...

Congratulations!! Diana

Anonymous said...

SAMBER is SO PRETTY!!!

Chris and Ricky said...

Samber is so sweet and cute! She should make a good match for Sing!
Congratulations!

Christy said...

She is adorable. Congrats on your little princess.

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Samber is lovely, congrats to Sing.

Paula said...

Blimey Lian are you going for the 'how many shelties in a car' record :)

She looks lovely can't wait to meet her.

Vonnie said...

Samber is gorgeous! Her and Sing look really good together! Sizzle is having a great time playing too! You'll be so glad you have a girl in the house now!!! I wish you loads of happy times and future additions to the family!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The 'Sam' who has left a comment earlier, is my university friend.. You met her before, she was the one who guided you to my prize-giving ceremony last year..

Apparently, I have turned my friend to be one of your blog supporters!!! Wakakaka XD

helenm said...

7 shelties-it must be chaos! Although I expect your 7 make less noise than my 1!
Samber is gorgeous and I'm sure she'll have lots of fun living with you!