Tuesday, February 03, 2009

We are terrible!!

winter wonderland

We were building a snowman last evening, it was great fun. Since we have plenty of snow, we decided we want a decent size snowman. Here is Sizzle checking him out this morning.

It look like we are terrible in handling this heavy snow! Yesterday, thousand of schools has to close due to the heavy snow falls and the worst bit was MOST public transports were either cancelled or delayed. Colin didn't manage to go to work yesterday at all due to NO public transport from where we are to Central London. We were watching the news almost every hour and we saw those bus drivers on the TV playing snow ball fight! Aren't they suppose to drive instead of play?

Colin insisted that he MUST go into the office today no matter how, so I being braved and drove him to the Tube station this morning. Luckily I always park my "dog car" at the "outside" bit (closer to the road) of the driveway, I thought if we can scrap all the snow off the car, I should be able to drive the car onto the road easily. GOSH! It took us at least 20 minuites to clear all the windows! I drove very slowly and carefully and thank God there weren't many cars this morning.

After dropping Colin at the Station, I turned around and came home. Guess what? I was unable to roll the car back to the driveway, reason being, the snow is too thick! I have to dangerously leave the stuck car half in the drive and half on the road and quickly ran to the back of the garden to find a shovel. I didn't know it took a lot of effort and energy to clear the small part of the drive! I tried my best to clear as much as needed as I hate to leave the car in such a dangerous position and causing disruption. This shows you how inexperience I am when comes to handling the snow condition!

Some schools are still close today but when I rang my local dentists, they are all shut! I can't believe that doctors/dentists are allow to close? I am having this terrible toothache since Friday and determine to see a dentist to sort it out but it look like I will be continue suffering and moaning until the snow is clear!

BTW, I haven't seen our postman for two days!!

We had a little bit more snow this morning but the sun came out at 8am so I decided to take the boys out for another long walk. As it is much warmer than yesterday and the powdery snow becomes more solid and icy, the dogs will walk better on this condition than yesterday but Sizzle is the only one that having snow balls stuck on him, he must have such a fine coat!

some photos taken today:

I maybe bias but I really think he is a very handsome boy

Saturn always looks so handsome in the snow too

Sing, Saturn and Sizzle loves the snow the best, they like to run around in the garden and would not want to come in! Saturn likes catching the snow balls and eat them. I just like the big paws!




6 comments:

Macfarlane Dogs said...

What lovely pictures of them all!! Such a handsome group! x

Vonnie said...

All the dogs look like their having so much fun Lian! Their so lucky to have you as their family! No your not biast wee Sizzle is a very handsome boy! Ellie is 9/10" very petite girl! Love the sledge ride Sizzle had the best seat, while all the others were galloping along! Love the one with Saturn catching the snow. Ellie had a go at that last night, then decided to eat it! Great pics Lian! WTG wee Sizzle!

Vonnie said...

Lian the pics are great! Their so lucky to have found you as their family! No your not biast Sizzle is a very handsome boy! Love the picture of them all together. The one with Saturn catching the snow fantastic - Ellie had a go at this, so funny, then decided to eat it! Ellie is about 9/10" a petite wee girl. sizzle got the best seat with the sledging, while all the other caught up!

Apologies if you got this twice as I don't if the last one went (you can take this bit out)

Sara said...

More great photos! Looks like the boys are having fun.

Wonderful snowman! Looks like the humans had fun too....

We have snow removal down to a science in our part of the world. Not sure if that is a good thing!

Hudsondoglets said...

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have so much snow over there... well, actually I can because you made the New Zealand news for all your snow :) Josh and Jessie are envious - they've never seen snow before.