Saturday, February 21, 2009

flyball training + walk in the common

There weren't any flyball training last Saturday so I was really looking forward to today's training. We normally get there half and hour early so the boys could have a quick walk + toilet before they start training.
We took all the dogs with us, can you imagine seven shelties dashing around? Well, Samber would not leave Sizzle alone, she kept pouncing on him to tease him to play, so the two of them were running like a lunatic for at least good 15 minutes. I had to put them back to the car as I do not want Sizzle to get too tired for training.
Well, Sizzle didn't do too well at training today, he got very tired after 25 minutes of training, bad Samber definitely had tired him out, so I need to make sure she is not allow to play with him before training. For the last 10 minutes, I have to take Saturn out to replace him. Saturn was very happy to work with me and he did some very nice run backs.
Colin was holding Samber while we trained, I want to make sure she is happy with the new environment. Poor Samber probably has never seen so many barky dogs before and she actually got into panic. She is a very quiet dog herself, she does not like other dog bark, so when Saturn barks at home, she normally run away. Guess we need to take her out more to some dog shows or training places.

this is Sizzle doing his static retrieve

this tuggy I bought from Clean Run is really helpful. Sizzle loves it and he will tug when I show him this toy.

this is Saturn doing his run back, as he being quite a biggish sheltie, he has longer legs long enough to do the single stride

I still have problem to get Sing to run back to me FASTER after he gets the ball. He is always very nice running up to fetch the ball, single stride up the 4 jumps and no problem on the box.I have tried to use the tuggy to get him to come back faster but it just not working!
Ideas please!!!!!!!!




After we came back from flyball, we took the all the dogs to walk in the Common. It was such a lovely day today, sunny and dry and I only need a thin fleece on. The dogs enjoyed their walks and the little ones (Sizzle, Titan and Samber) were running chasing each other so much that I cannot stop them at all! Mad shelties!


pretty tomboy Samber

5 comments:

Sara said...

sounds like Samber is a little tease! She likes to have all the boys' attentions on her!

Looks like everyone had a fun day.

Diana said...

What about if you run away when he is coming back. That usually will drive the dog faster. Or are there any words that create excitment? If I say "ready,ready, ready" to Miley or "Im gone a get you" that makes her excited. Diana

Lian said...

Hi Diana,

That's what we do, call the dog and turn and run. Sing is very loyal to his ball, he does not want anything else, this is why we have the problem to get him back quicker. He was very fast up to fetch the ball.

Vonnie said...

I bet they all slept when they got home this evening! Brilliant how Samber has settled right at home! Great they all run about and play! Nice to hear you had pleasant weather today makes a big difference, especially when outside training.

Chris and Ricky said...

Wow - sounds like Samber is a real handful! Can't believe she tired Sizzle out. Mom wishes she would've had Samber around when I was a puppy to tire me out - would've made life much easier!