Friday, February 13, 2009

updates on little things ...

Daisy's puppies are 4 weeks old now. I haven't see them for a week!! How dare I?
Well, I have this terrible toothache for two weeks and it got worst since I went to the dentist on Tuesday. She is my new NHS dentist and she has a strength of a buffalo and she is never a gentle kinda young lady! When she x-ray me, she pushed the films into my mouth and asked me to bite hard and I have to admit the edges of the film actually cut my skin, it was bloody painful! Then she told me whoever done my tooth before, he had took the root out and filled it and now that is causing the problem. I asked her not to touch that tooth as I will go back to my old dentist who is going private now. Anyway, she continues to check my other teeth and we both came to a conclusion that one of my bottom tooth needs refilling. That's probably my worst decision. She gave me a jab to numb the area but when she was digging through the tooth, I felt a sharp pain and I complained, she said I being sensitive but I was so much in pain that I need to pinch her to stop her digging, so she gave me another jab and didn't wait for it and continue digging ... anyway, she did a messy job and sent me off. Most of the filling fell off yesterday (less than 48 hours) and that cuase my face to swell up and struggled to eat! Guess what? I have paid £198! I know it is a lot of money but I am not going back there to let her torture me again, so I am going back to my old dentist next week to ask him to fix it. This is such an expensive torture!
Other that the tooth problem, I slipped on the rubber matting on Sunday while flyballing and bang my right kneecap! That swell up as well, so basically I need a body overhaul!!!

Daisy's puppies taken at 3 weeks.
I went to my club training yesterday with Sing and Saturn. I still running Sing in the beginners class as I do not want to tired him out too much. I am keeping him for the Flyball and just want him to be fit for the Euro. Eleanor said Saturn was doing very well, he was jumping happily with good speed, the only problem is A Frame. He is still creeping down the A Frame, yes CREEPING! Arrrrggggghhhhhh ... other than that, he is perfect. We did some big loops of jumping sequences, a bit like steeplechase with all the contacts and weave stuck in between, I am glad he found all the difficult weave entry and weave on his own with me either stay behind or far ahead. I am really pleased with that. His see-saw was so much better when he came in speed and he actually tip it while he was near at the end of the plank but we still need to work on that on its own. Basically I am very happy with him.
BTW, Colin suggested maybe we should try to train him in Flyball to encourage more speed and "forget" about the A Frame?!?
always a happy boy
I had another very successful swimming session with Sizzle. The girl at Greyfriars said she don't think Sizzle needs her and can swim on his own happily and she was right. We put a little jacket on him (just in case), he actually jumped into the water straightaway before I throw the ball. You can see that he was really excited about it. The funny thing was, everytime he brought the ball back on the platform and I took it off him, off he goes again before I throw the ball. It was like that for a full 15 minutes. I need to hold his harness to stop him to get exhausted but once I took my hand off, he's in again! He must be enjoying so much.
One thing I find it difficult to swim three dogs without an assistant is that I have no control of them, they are all keen swimmers, so they can't wait for me to throw the ball, so they are off with no balls to fetch or one to fetch three balls!! Yesterday, I've got Sing and Saturn to wait, so I throw three balls and let Sizzle goes first, guess what? Sizzle came back with two balls in his mouth! Ah! Bless!
big ball in a small mouth

6 comments:

Sara said...

So sorry about your teeth. Going to the dentist can be the worst - I've been putting it off my self!

The puppies are so sweet! Oh how I wish I could cuddle with them.

Greyfriars sounds like a great place. Wish we had something like that around here. Sounds like Sizzle really loves the swimming. What great lives your dogs have!

Macfarlane Dogs said...

Oh what an evil dentist!! I'm not good with dentists at the best of times - but that would have put me off for life! Hope you feel better soon. X

Sizzle must look so cute in the water!

Chris and Ricky said...

Mom hates the dentist more than almost anything so we are really sorry to hear about the trouble with your teeth!

Daisy's pups are so cute! Also very good photos of your boys! Glad they love to swim so much!

Vonnie said...

Awww ya poor soul, hope your feeling a bit less in pain today!

Pic of Sizzle is great, it's amazing how their tiny mouth can pick up any size of ball! Yes, he is a happy soul, just look at those eyes!

Pups are growing and of course their gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lian, you just killed us!!! Sorry.... A dentist with the strength of a buffalo... that's quite a good description of Mama's former dentist though. Hope you'll be feeling better in no time at all.

Josh and Jessie

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Puppies!!

Eep, don't talk about the dentist to my Mum it is her worstest place to go. Hope Sizzle gets better creeping up the A frame, BOL!
~lickies, Ludo