Thursday, February 19, 2009

little MADam

Samber is settling in very well with the boys, I don't think she acts like a girl at all. She loves to play with all the boys and when she plays, she is always the rough one! And Boy! She has everlasting energy!!!
Sing didn't seems to like her that much, he just treated her like any other in the pack. If she is getting too much in his way, he will show his teeth to tell her to "back off". They rarely play but when they play, Sing is always so gentle with her.
the love birds
When we first got her back, she was absolutely fine with other people and other dogs, she will ran to people when we went out walking for a fuss and she will say hello to all dogs she met in the walks. Unfortunately, something spook her on Tuesday and things have changed. I took her to Pachesham on Tuesday when I went training with Sizzle. We were walking pass a horse box and she was on the lead, I don't know why but the horse decided he will blow into her face and neigh! You guess it, she was so frightened and she wouldn't let anyone touch her since and when she met another dog, she will turn away and run!
I still trust her by letting her go off lead when we go out walking. I have learned the more I trust a dog, the easier I will get my training and this seems to work well on her. We went to Wimbledon Common yesterday for a good long walk and she was chased by a couple of big dogs that she was unsure about. She actually ran away from me but when I tried to call her back, she did responsed. She took a detour but her eyes were on me so she did came running back to me through the bushes!
Poor Samber has never associate with toys before, when I first shown her a few toys, she was shocked and ran away when it squeak! A big thank you to my little star Sizzle, he had taught her how to play in the last few days. She now loves to pick up a toy and shake them, very cute.

here is Samber playing with Sizzle's favourite bird toy
A few friends were asking me if I am going to do agility with her ... emmm ... definitely NOT at the moment. Sizzle's training is coming along very nicely and I would like to concentrate with him, I really enjoy training him and we work more and more like a team now.
Samber maybe a "potential" for agility but I know I am going to breed her to Sing, so when she is in season and whelping, that will take a few months off from training, so, maybe not a good idea after all. When she gets used to all the new surroundings, I would love to clicker train her to do some basic stuff.
this is a boring video of dogs playing but they are so sweet and happy together:

4 comments:

Vonnie said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! Not boring one bit, nothing more cuter that Shelties at play! Sing and Samber are getting on really well. Sizzle and Samber with the toy tooooooo cute! Khandi lies down and lets Ellie jump on her too!!!!!

Sara said...

I didn't think that was a boring video - I thought it was great!
Samber seems to be settling into her new home quite quickly, and your boys have welcomed her so nicely.

Vonnie said...

Meant to say Samber looks right at home with the boys! :)

Chris and Ricky said...

Samber seems to be doing really well and already enjoying her new home and her new playmates! She and Sing make a very cute couple!