Monday, July 13, 2009

pupdate

Bless is a wonderful puppy to raise, other than he is missing a playmate or two, he loves to play all the time while he is awake. For me, this is a great thing for a sheltie puppy. I have owned so many shelties and I know how hard to teach them to play. Bless is very much like his daddy Sing, very bright and is a real tugger and he wants to win all the time! He is also an easy pup for toilet train. When he was about 2.5 weeks old (after his eyes were open), I started to put some newspaper down in the pen for him but Gem shredded them all up. I don't know why she has such habit. I remembered just before she whelped, I put a lot of newspaper at the bottom of the whelping box then cover them up with vet bed but she shredded them all up and I sometimes can't find her in the box!!! Unfortunately she carries on after giving birth to Bless. This sometimes drove me mad as everytime I put some newspaper down, I will find whole lots of shredded newspaper in half an hour and the worst thing was Bless was underneath the pile of shredded papers. He was so tiny then and I have to dig him out each time! This also worry me how to toilet train Bless. I had to put some newspaper outside the pen, so everytime when Bless wakes up, I open the pen door, he rush out and walk straight onto the newspaper and do his toilet, I've also put some newspaper down in the pen just in case but Gem hasn't been too bad lately. The weather has been good and bad but I've got Bless to go in the garden to do his toilet too.

Bless loves the garden, everytime when he wakes up, he will walk up to the french window, I think he is asking me to let him out

... helping grand to do some gardening

... or to pounce on my daddy!

me and my grumpy daddy, he is not impress of my pouncing skill!

maybe I can learn to dash like a panther?

... or have a go at that ball in Sizzle's mouth?

Bless: Hey, Sizz, can I have the ball?

Sizzle: You better not!

Sizzle: grrrrr ...

Bless: Sorry, brother!

mama! Rescue me!! Sizzle is going to eat me!!!!!

Grand! Pick me up before Sizzle gets me!!

I think I saw something there ...

... it was the ball! HooRay! Let's grab it before Sizzle comes again.

We had a lazy morning yesterday and I've got Bless up in our bedroom:

grandpa! Wake up!!
Lucky boy joins the others to sleep on our bed!!
this is so comfy

My youngest nephew is visiting from Malaysia, he is so gentle with the pup and he spends lots of time sitting on the floor playing with him

you can see how much Bless loves him

step 1 of the circus elephant trick!


5 comments:

Sara said...

Great, great photos Lian. I love the one with the dogs on the bed. I had trouble finding Bless at first, because he is so tiny compared to your other dogs.

He is just gorgeous! Looks like he is going to be very agile too.

Chris and Ricky said...

Bless is such a cutie! I love the photos but especially the one where Bless is hanging on to your mum's leg!

Diana said...

Bless is very cute. He is so lucky to be exposed to so many dogs and people. Diana

Vonnie said...

What a cutie! Now look at that agility jump pose brill! and he can fairly move too! One clever wee doggie!

Anonymous said...

Oh, he's just gorgeous Lian. We want him!!! :) They grow up so quickly! Sizzle is absolutely HUGE in comparison with him.