Thursday, December 16, 2010

and YES!

I have been working hard with Sipzie not to "attack" the boys when we play ball while out at walk. It took me nearly three months with different techniques and methods to get her to understand that she can go and chase the ball but is not allow to jump/pounce on the others. Over the last two months, I have to walk her separately from Sing, Saturn and Sizzle, so I can teach her to play with her own ball; I also take her out with the boys every now and then so she has to learn NOT TO attack them when I play ball with anyone of them. It took me a lot of trials and errors to see how she respond and finally this week, I see the result. WooHoo! On Monday, when I play ball with the boys, she ran out there to chase the ball and didn't jump on the boys, good sign! Then, Tuesday, I took her very own favourite ball, orbee with me, so I played 4 different balls with four different dogs and Yipeeeeeeeee, they all chasing their own ball. We repeated that again yesterday and the four of them play with their own ball, how fantastic is that? I know it worried me when she being boisterous to the boys as I want to make sure all of them are happy to play. To me, this is a big achievement!

haven't have a recent photo to post but this was taken in November that I forgot to post


4 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! Wonderful achievement. All your hard work, different techniques, they all pay off in the end. Makes you such a great doggy trainer!!

Chris and Ricky said...

Hurray for progress! Job well done with Sipzie!

Diana said...

So glad all your hard work is paying off. Yea!! Diana

Vonnie said...

That's great! She is still a pup and has to learn :) Samber is so cute in the pic :)