Sunday, December 26, 2010

a FAT festive season!

We have been over fed ourselves this festive season! I thought we were going to be snow-in and can't get to Brighton to be with our family; so we ended up buying too much food which are going to expire during the weekend! As the snow melted, we realised we will ended up being very fat this weekend. On Friday, I cooked a roast beef and a roast pork for the TEN of us, me and Colin; my nephew and his girlfriend, Sing, Seagull, Saturn, Samber, Sizzle and Sipzie! Then, we all became couch potatoes for the evening! I felt so lazy and fat!
The KNIGHTs Shelties on their Christmas Walk in Mitcham Common, background is the beautiful frozen Seven Island Pond :)

We had a little lie-in on Christmas morning, then took the dogs out to Mitcham Common for their Christmas walk. The snow has now turned into slippery icy condition. I am so glad that all my dogs are so well behaved and never pull on the lead. That really help from slipping on the ice. As you can see from the pictures below, they are burning off their calories intake from Christmas eve :)


After the walk, it's time for their Christmas pressies ...
they are truly spoiled! Everyone has a pressie at least and some lucky ones has more than one!!
 look at the mess! Sing is the only one that likes ripping off the wrapper and is crazy about pulling a cracker! Taking him to a Christmas party can be a nightmare as he wants to pull everyone's cracker!!
I've noticed a change in Seagull lately. He always is a shy/timid/nervous dog, I call him a "special need" dog. He isn't good with children, especially the boisterous one. Over the last couple of months, I beginning to see he tried to approach our friends ... and he also become "playful". I didn't get him a toy for Christmas but a tasty treat for him. Look what he got? He pinch Saturn's Christmas pressie. Saturn doesn't mind as he has two of this toy, he was happy with the red one and let Seagull has the green one! I was so happy to see him playing.
At parents' house in Brighton, Seagull even tried to jump up onto the sofa and snuggled up to KY (my sister in law) and she started to plate his hair!!!! I can't believe Seagull was so good and let her do it. That was a big surprised for me! To make it even better, Seagull didn't even THINK to snap the children leg this year. In previous years, it was always our worried as Seagull has been in the past tried to snap some children's ankle.
 see, Seagull even fall asleep!
I am so please that I have never given up training Seagull. He will be EIGHT next week but he could be a SLOW developer!

We got down to our parents MUCH later than expected. The Volvo wouldn't start. Colin and my nephew tried to roll the car onto the road for me to jump start but the battery was too flat to even twitch! There were some passing by drivers offered to help pushing the car but I felt so ashamed of it. Colin and my nephew push the car for about 350 yards and could not do anymore! We tried to ring the AA and no one pick up the call. Luckily there were a couple of very nice gentlemen came to rescue. One of them got a jump lead to help start the engine! We managed to get to see the family at last ...
 this is part of our family after the meal, playing the traditional QUIZ time
 the boys love their granddad ...
 ... especially Sizzle, giving granddad kisses xxx

We left Brighton around 7pm and the Volvo nearly didn't start again!!! I hope it will be ok tomorrow as I need to drive that car to an agility training in the morning!!

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Merry Christmas!

Vonnie said...

Sounds like you had a good time! Love to hear Seagull is having fun :) K has been doing the same lately! LOL! Great pics!

Diana said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas, well except for the car. Diana

Unknown said...

Wow, that was a lot to eat!!! I hope you enjoyed your Christmas even though it was very 'eventful'.