Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Hit It"

I've ordered a "Hit It" Board from America a while a go to improve Sing's running Dog Walk. It finally arrived this morning and I was glad that the weather is still dry and little sunny to do some practcie in the garden.

I wasn't sure if Sing finally understand there is a touch point after Billinghurst. He wasn't quite right then, he was slow and I guess that's probably why he GOT the Dog Walk. Anyway, we have a go on the Dog Walk this morning with and without the "Hit It" Board and my good boy got 6 out of 7. The time he missed the contact was when I was running away from him. I have to remember not to do that in competition until I FIX the problem. BTW, I need to paint the board WHITE!!
I would not push him too much as he is supposed to rest but it is good to know that he is still maintained his speed and GOT the contact. He will have a rest at Agility Club and install his energy before the KC International Festival.

2 comments:

helenm said...

Those hit it boards are great,aren't they?Just don't do what I did to mine,I left it on the hob and set fire to it....

Lian said...

Hey, Helen, aren't you supposed to put the board on the contacts not the hob!! LOL. When I fix my problem, you are welcome to borrow mine!!