Sunday, July 15, 2007

We've got the Dog Walk, AT LAST!!

Today has been a very "funny" day for me, we don't have to wake up early to go to Billinghurst but yet again, I don't want to miss my run (as I nearly did in Supadog), so we left home around 8:30 and get there about 9:45. Still plenty of time before our first Jumping round. Both Sing and Saturn did not run too well, they looked very tired and there is no energy in them, basically, they just WALK through the course rather than proper jumping. It was very depressing running them! I do not know why they have not show their interest which I think it was a bad sign. After the jumping round, I wanted to go home, I thought they boys had enough but then I started to chat with friends and watched other people running their dogs ... as time goes by ... I decided to stay back to do the Agiltiy round and suddenly it was pouring down with torrential rain, thunder and lightning, all the classes had to stop for half an hour and I was in the middle of the field watching, guess what? I was soaked through! In the Malaysian way of explaining ... wet chicken!! Don't ask me why a wet chicken as I don't know why they called it wet chicken!!
I am glad I did stay back to do the agility because Sing got his Dog Walk and won the class! How wonderful! I've been waiting for this moment long enough. I have to say I don't think he did a smashing round (which I think he could run much faster and turn better) so when we finished the last jump, I wasn't over joy, I thought just another clear round. Saturn was the last one in and I was working very hard, hopefully to push him to go faster and get better time, unfortunately today is not a Saturn day, he missed the weave entry in the morning and now he freeze on top of the A Frame again! As I tried to get him down, he missed the contact and I knew I blow the whole thing up and decided to do a training round with him. It was a messy job, it was not an easy course, there were a couple of tricky bits especially the weave entry and many of the dogs got fault on that. With Sing, I swing him around which we lost a lot of time but with Saturn, I just sent him over the jump to ask him to find the weave, the poor soul found the weave pole but went into the wrong side!! One thing I am proud with both of the boys are the tunnel after the weave, it wasn't an easy entry, is either you have to take your dog all the way up there to see the entrance then ran back the other way or you trust them. I choose to trust them, so when we finished the last weave pole, I took a step further and tell them BACK, go tunnel, both Sing and Saturn found it no problem.
Well, as I finished with Saturn, all the crowd was cheering for me, I thought they were rude as I was very disappointed with his performance but then I only realised that they were actually telling me SING has won the class! Ha! I love you agility pals!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

well done Lian love the montage

A A A =) said...

Wet chicken?! I love this new word! So creative ;)

helenm said...

Great run! All your hard work on the contacts has paid off.Congratulations!

Lorna said...

Well Done - see you in Grade 4 :)

Lorna and Cadbury

Chi (Obay Truly Focused) said...

WOW! You must be feeling soooooo proud Lian - huge congratulations!